- Days of work Reggie has left: 11
- Days left in Brevard, NC: 47
- Days until we leave for training: 47
- Days until pre-field training is complete: 74
- Total funding raised for moving expenses and first year still needed: 58%
- Total funding for on-going monthly support still needed for year 2 and beyond: 90% of total budget
Victor Hugo, famous French activist and author of Les Miserables, wrote, “The future has many names: The Lazy call it: The Impossible. The fearful refer to it as: The Unknown. But the Courageous embrace it by saying: ‘This is my Challenge.’” - The God Ask by Steve Shadrach
God has blessed us so much throughout this journey so far, and we know that He will continue to do so as we move forward with our calling to Morelia/NOE International and the Challenge to raise 100% of our support in only 5 ½ months.
- Official NOE Meeting to discuss working with them full-time: January 14, 2021
- Karlee starts sorting/organizing/purging/donating sections of our home: early March 2021
- Receive acceptance from ACCI, our sending agency: April 7, 2021
- Send out first mailing announcing our calling to full-time missions: April 14, 2021
- Sell our home: June 2, 2021
- Reggie’s final day of work: July 13, 2021
- Leave for training: August 7, 2021
- End training: September 3, 2021
- Hopeful day to leave for Morelia: September 6/7, 2021
- NOE starts new Fall semester: September 20, 2021
We have had a lot of people ask us about our timeline, then respond with shock that we plan to leave so soon. Since beginning this process, we have learned that the majority of missionaries spend 18-24 months raising support.
As we pray about our calling to work with NOE International, we see the need to arrive sooner than later. Coming off the tail-end of a world-wide pandemic that left many nations devastated, NOE is prepping to re-open their doors for the first time since March/April 2020. Only 40% of their students had access to computers, meaning there are many families (both those who were able to continue virtually and those who were not) who are anxiously awaiting their opportunity to get back to normal, back to a life with community and the programs that NOE offers, back to a family who gives them hope in Jesus and sought to love them throughout these tough times.
Each Fall, NOE’s semester begins the Monday after Mexico’s Independence Day on September 16th. Our goal is to have arrived and be in a home (even if it is temporary until we can purchase a home) in time to allow us to be involved at the beginning of their new Fall semester, celebrating with the NOE staff as they open their doors once again to reinitiate their ministries that speak life into the communities they serve.
In order to “launch”, we need to be funded 90% with pledged on-going monthly commitments that will support us for years to come. We know it is a big “God Ask”, but we truly believe that God fully funds those He calls with the help of the global church.
We are so grateful for those who have committed to come alongside us in this journey! We could not do this without you! If you would like to actively journey with us and help us reach our goal of arriving in Morelia in September, please click on this link: https://www.adventive.ca/all-project-list/reggie-karlee-nichols/.
We would love to schedule a Zoom meeting or in-person time to discuss our future and how you can be involved! Please call or email us to get it on the calendar – we’d love to share more and catch up with you!
Reggie: email@example.com (828) 556-9134
Karlee: firstname.lastname@example.org (828) 556-9132